- About IAHS 2018
- Author Area
- Scientific Topics
- Scientific Programme
- Important Dates
- Congress Venue
- Congress Tours
- Host Institutions
- Abstract (registered users)
- Papers (registered users)
All the accompanying persons of congressmen are expected the following tours:
A. 10th April City Tour and Certosa/San Martino Museum visit
B. 11th April Visit to Old Center of Naples – Pizza tasting
C. 12th April Sorrento Tour – Tasting “gniocchi alla sorrentina”
The three tours will take place only if you form groups not less than 7 participants.
Reservations are required.
FOR BOOKING CONTACT:
Mrs Lucrezia Orlando
- Phone 0039 081 193 09 283, Cell phone 0039 347 696 9282;
- e-mail: email@example.com
- Phone 0039 081 193 09 283, Cell phone 0039 392 020 9550;
- e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
A) 10th April - City Tour and Certosa/San Martino Museum visit
The project for the construction of the Certosa di San Martino was entrusted to the architect and sculptor of Siena Tino di Camaino, famous for the Duomo of Pisa, and the captain of the court of Anguilla. At Tino's death the architect's assignment of the San Martino complex passed to Attanasio Primario. The original plant remains the great Gothic underground, which is a valuable engineering work necessary to support the building and to lay its base along the steep slopes of the hill.
Removed the religious orders and became the property of the state, the Carthusian was assigned in 1866 to the museum, by Giuseppe Fiorelli's will, and annexed to the National Museum as a section detached and open to the public in 1867.
At the entrance of the Carthusian Monument, the monumental courtyard is a very large space where you can admire the spur of the stellar silhouette of Castel Sant'Elmo and the facade of the Church. The present appearance of the latter is the result of the intervention carried out by the architect Giovanni Antonio Dosio at the end of the sixteenth century, followed by the intervention of Cosimo Fanzago at the beginning of the following century, which moved the classical surface of the façade with refined white trim and white marble.
The San Martino National Museum was opened to the public in 1866, following the unification of Italy. The Museum was born to host the testimonies of the life of Naples and the Southern Realms (the Kingdom of Naples and the Kingdom of Sicily before and the Kingdom of the Two Sicilies afterwards. Today the Museum houses, among others, a Naval Section, a Carriage Room and a Presbyterian Section.
- Bus transfer from Palazzo dei Congressi Federico II - Via Partenope (seafront) for a panoramic tour of the city, with accompany persons/guide, arriving at Saint Martin
- Guided tour of the Charterhouse and the Museum of Saint Martin
- Bus transfer from San Martino to Palazzo dei Congressi Federico II - Via Partenope (seafront)
For group of no less than 7 participants, all inclusive
- € 72,00 PER PERSON
B) 11th April Visit to Old Center of Naples – Pizza tasting
A fascinating guided tour where myth and legend are mixed from birth of the city itself, linked to the memory of the mermaid Partenope. You will pass through twenty centuries of history along the heart of the historical centre of the city. The historic centre of Naples testifies to the historical evolution of the city, from its first settlement of Greek until the baroque city. Streets, squares, churches and monuments all constitute a treasure trove of historic and artistic treasures of exceptional magnitude.
Along the way, we will be able to discover, rediscover and secular sights such as the Church of Gesù Nuovo, the monastic complex of Santa Chiara and the famous chapel Sansevero custodian of the veiled Christ. The area of San Gregorio Armeno Nativity scene will be the subject of our visit, not to mention the Cathedral, caretaker, in the chapel of the treasure, the interrupter with the blood of San Gennaro.
- Bus transfer from Palazzo dei Congressi Federico II – Via Partenope (seafront), with accompany persons/guide, arriving in Piazza del Gesù
- Walking guided tour with visit of the Church of Gesù Nuovo, of the monastic complex of Santa Chiara, of the San Gregorio Armeno crib area and of the Sansevero chapel with saltafila.
- Pizza tasting: pizza and beer
- Transfer by bus from Piazza del Gesù for Palazzo dei Congressi Federico II – Via Partenope (seafront)
For group of no less than 7 participants, all inclusive
- € 46,00 PER PERSON
C) 12th April Sorrento Tour – Tasting “gniocchi alla sorrentina”
Sorrento is located 46 kilometers from Naples, and is situated on the North-Western side of the peninsula, which takes its name. The city lies on a high tuff terrace, full of lush vegetation and characterized by cliffs with an average elevation of 47 metres above sea level.
The historic center still shows the path of orthogonal streets of Roman origin with card and decuman, while upstream is surrounded by 16th century walls. There you will find the Cathedral, rebuilt in the 15th century, with Gothic façade, and the Church of Saint Francis of Assisi, with a notable 14th century cloister with Arabic arched porch that intertwine on octagonal pillars. At the tip of the head remains are held in the villa of Pollio Felice (1st century A. C.).
- Bus transfer from Palazzo dei Congressi Federico II – Via Partenope (seafront) in Sorrento with accompany persons/guide
- Sightseeing and free time for shopping
- Lunch in Sorrento at the Tasso restaurant (drinks to be paid separately)
- Transfer by bus from Sorrento to Palazzo dei Congressi Federico II – Via Partenope (seafront)
For group of no less than 30 participants, all included (with the exception of drinks at Lunch)
- € 55,00 PER PERSON